Wednesday 23 February 2011

Like I really Knee-ded this

So I attempted my 8 hour shift at work yesterday...didn't happen.  Less than an hour into my shift, my knee started to feel stiff, like it was swelling up... wonderful!!!  I told them at work that I would try and stick around until the next girl came in so my co-worker wouldn't be left alone (this was at 8am and the next person was supposed to be in for 9:30)

So I'm waiting for the next person to arrive when I'm told she had to take her daughter for an x-ray and she'd be a bit late.  No biggie, I'll just plop myself on a chair at the fitting room desk and wait.  She finally got there around 11am, through no fault of her own.  There was a miscommunication and she was sent to the wrong x-ray place. So I went home and iced my knee.

By last night my knee started to ache. Not horribly, but enough to be annoying, so I decided that I would call into work for today and call my doctors.

Onto today.  Woke up at 6:50 to call into work.  Went back to sleep until 8:55 and then called my doctors office and left a message right at 9am.  Got a call back 20 mins later telling me that since they only worked untilnoon, all of the available appointments had already been taken up... CRAP! 

I have 2 options at this point.  1. Go to urgent care and wait for god-only-knows how many hours to be seen, or 2.  Call into work tomorrow and try to get into my doctors (they work a full day tomorrow so I`d definetly get an appt)

I don`t really know what to do at this point.  Sitting in bed with my knee propped up is getting really old, really fast.  I already did this gig 3 years ago when I tore my ACL.  BORING!!!!

OH! And  forgot to mention that as of 8am tomorrow morning, I`ll have my niece at my house for 6 days.  She`s 2 and a half and his will be the longest she's been away from mummy and daddy, so things could get really hairy.

Well that's about all I've got for now.  Hopefully my next entry will have more pleasant news to share with you.

Thanks for reading!  Tell your friends to follow me!!!
Comments are always welcome.. Flames are.. well less welcome, but welcome nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment